The airport most convenient to College Park, Maryland, is Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI), www.BWIairport.com. For airport information, call (301) 261-1000.
BWI is located approximately 25 miles north of the University. Driving time is approximately 45 minutes. Ground transportation to the University is available by van or taxi. Super Shuttle provides van service for approximately $35.00 one way. Call 1-800-Blue-Van (1-800-258-3826) or visit their web site at www.supershuttle.com at least 24 hours in advance of your flight to reserve space. Taxi service will cost approximately $60.00 from BWI, $50.00 from National, and $80.00 from Dulles. Metro and bus transportation is also available for approximately $5.00 per trip. Visit http://www.wmata.com/ for additional information.
- Metro: www.wmata.com
- Find a Ride: rideguide.wmata.com Metro's website allows you to enter your departure address and your destination, and it will calculate for you the best metro/bus routes, along with fare information and walking directions. Enter "CAMPUS DRIVE & UNION DRIVE (in Prince George's County) as your final destination.
- University Shuttle Information: www.transportation.umd.edu (Click on the tab "Shuttle-UM" to access information on shuttle routes and time tables. Or you can access the schedule for the Shuttle-UM bus from the College Park Metro Station to campus by clicking here.)
- Driving Information: www.uga.umd.edu/admissions/visit/directions/
- Parking: There are meters throughout campus but often little availability. There are a few paid-parking options for visitors on campus: Union Lane parking garage between Cole Field House and Stamp Student Union, Stadium Parking Garage at Byrd Stadium, and Regents Garage on Regents Drive between Field House Drive and Stadium Drive. The Center can provide you with a campus map to locate these facilities.
- Plane Information: www.uga.umd.edu/admissions/visit/directions/
- Train Information: www.uga.umd.edu/admissions/visit/directions/
- Union Station: www.unionstationdc.com
Parking on Campus
Parking is available at the Inn and Conference Center for reasonable rates. Detailed campus maps are available at: http://www.parking.umd.edu/themap. Additional parking information is available at: http://transportation.umd.edu/parking_services/where_park.htm.
Click here to view an interactive map of campus or download a map here.
Rooms have been blocked at the University’s campus hotel for the nights of November 4, 5, 6, and 7, 2009. Out-of-town participants should make reservations as soon as possible. Once the rooms at the symposium hotel are filled, participants will need to arrange for accommodations in or near College Park, Maryland.
The Inn & Conference Center
University of Maryland University College
University Boulevard at Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20742
Telephone: (800) 676-6137 or (301) 985-7300
Fax: (301) 985-7445
Rooms are $134 per night; taxes are not included. To receive the symposium rate, guests must make reservations by Wednesday, October 14, 2009. Call 1-800-676-6137 or 301-985-7300. Tell the operator you will be staying in Adelphi, Maryland, at the Inn & Conference Center, University of Maryland, University College. Ask for the group rate for “Attending to Early Modern Women.”
Those wishing to reserve a double room should call the local number for best service. These codes may prove useful for those calling the toll-free number:
Group code for cozy king rooms (single bed): AEMAEMA
Group code for Executive queen beds (two queen beds): AEMAEMB
The University maintains a list of area hotels for campus visitors. Information is available at
Or, search Google Maps using the search:
“‘College Park, Maryland’ hotels” to see hotel locations and ratings.